Soul Surf Surfing School is a family owned company with the sole mission to disseminate and share all of our experiences over the ocean and its waves to our students. Surfing was the sport of the Hawaiian kings, and we want to cherish that tradition by sharing it with our students with all our hearts.
Soul Surf Surfing Lessons
We have been introducing beginner surfers to the sport of surfing since 2000. Through this experience we have refined our “learn to surf” program to offer the best beginner surf lessons available anywhere.
Our multi-day beginner, progressive surfing lessons are for everyone. We teach paddling, standing up, dropping into waves and riding across them. You can expect to stand up and ride your first wave in the first day.
The longer you stay the more you learn, with the intention of teaching all the skills necessary to surf forever!
- Learn to surf waves not just stand up!
- Learn ocean knowledge and wave selection
- High performance coaching techniques adapted for the beginner
- Learn how to surf fast!
- Catch unbroken waves & take the drop
- You will turn and feel why “only a surfer knows the feeling”
- Surf left and right breaking waves
- Learn Surfing Etiquette! Essential for all new surfers
- Learn how to identify the best waves, rips and currents
- Learn board design – Know what board is right for you
- Experienced and proffesional coaching
- ISA certified surf instructor
- CPR, AED and First Aid Certification
- Water rescue certified
Soul Surf Surfing Tours
Costa Rica is the most popular surfing destination in Central America due to it’s peaceful history, the large number of consistent, high quality waves that can be found here. This is the land of the “Endless Summer” and a great place for a first surf trip.
It is a safe place to travel and the locals are quite friendly and happy to see other surfers. Costa Rica is home to some incredible waves like Witch’s Rock, Ollies Point, Pavones, Playa Negra, Playa Hermosa, Salsa Brava and tons of lesser known world class waves.
WHERE WOULD YOU WANT TO GO?
SURF VACATION PACKAGES
Soul Surf Vacation Packages
All transportation is provided , Soul Surf is only 87 km or 1 hours and half from Juan Santamaria airpot (San Jose), “just down the road”
Times change depending on the tides and weather
We can cater for all groups and offer great discounts for bookings of 10 people or more
7 reasons to choose the soul surf surfing school
- The surf school with the best attention
- The best surf coaching with experienced instructors
- The right equipment for all levels and all beaches
- More than 15 different surf spots around the area
- The school is managed by experienced surfer
- All surf services including pick up , surf trip , surf lesson , SUP tours and coaching for all levels
- The best adventures in Costa Rica
STAND UP PADDLE
Stand Up Paddle Boarding
SUP is more than the latest craze. This excellent core fitness and balance sport is rooted in ancient surfing techniques. You’ll build abs and upper body strength while having fun in the sun, whether that means at a busy beach or a quiet cove.
The best part is that anybody can do SUP anywhere —in a backyard pool, on a lake, wherever there’s water, whether it’s calm or choppy. No waves required!
Learn the basics of SUP in a tropical paradise with our expert instructor, enjoy practicing your new skills wherever you go.
WANT TO GIVE IT A TRY?
Prices starting at $65
The costs include use of board, paddle, rash guard and pickup from Jaco or Playa Hermosa
OTHER COSTA RICA ADVENTURE
We are more than happy to help you to make the most of your Costa Rican experience, take a some look at the other activities we offer you and you will not regret it. Check out the video, then see how we can help you.
We are located at Playa Hermosa of Jaco, on the central pacific of Costa Rica.
Playa Hermosa, Garabito Municipality 61101, Costa Rica