We have been introducing beginner surfers to the sport of surfing since 2000. Through this experience we have refined our “learn to surf” program to offer the best beginner surf lessons – available anywhere.
Our multi-day beginner progressive surfing lessons are for everyone. We teach paddling, standing up, dropping into waves and riding across them. You can expect to stand up and ride your first wave in the first day.
The longer you stay the more you learn, with the intention of teaching all the skills necessary to surf forever!
- Learn to surf waves not just stand up!
- Learn ocean knowledge and wave selection
- High performance coaching techniques adapted for the beginner
- Learn how to surf fast!
- Catch unbroken waves & take the drop
- You will turn and feel why “only a surfer knows the feeling”
- Surf left and right breaking waves
- Learn Surfing Etiquette! Essential for all new surfers
- Learn how to identify the best waves, rips and currents
- Learn board design – Know what board is right for you
- Experienced and profesional coaching
- ISA certified surf instructor
- CPR, AED and First Aid Certification
- Water rescue certified
CPR, AED & First Aid Certified
ISA Certified Surf Coach & Instructor
OUR SURF LESSON LOCATIONS
Jaco is a small beachbreak with fun left and right peaks, you can surf almost the entire beach. It tends to close out when the waves are over head-high, or during dead low tide. Great beginner wave, or for a warm-up surf before tackling Nearby Hermosa or Escondida.
Powerfull and consistent beachbreak that sticks out into the Pacific, assuring constant swell. You will rarely be surfing under head high here.
It can be perfect sometimes, delivering a nice barrel, but at other times you might see the barelling waves all over the place, but have trouble finding that perfect wave for yourself!
Hermosa is actually a several mile long stretch of beach, and you can go surfing anywhere along beach.
A 2 km. stretch of beachbreaks, with a rivermouth at both ends. It breaks best at higher tides with a South southwest swell to give it some angle. Best size is chest high to a foot overhead, when it is bigger it will close out.
Its a Point break, this waves occasionally breaks to the left during low tide.
The bottom here is sandy with rocks. The swell has to come from the Northwest or the South but when it is possible to surf here, its a MUST.
We are located at Playa Hermosa of Jaco, on the central pacific of Costa Rica.
Playa Hermosa, Garabito Municipality 61101, Costa Rica